Osun State Project
Parcels of land were digitized by order of the Osun state government through privately contracted companies, to figure out how many buildings were and the conditions of the buildings. GEOINFOTECH Resources Limited was awarded to digitize a total of 200,000 parcels. The project was carried out from 18th April 2022 to 20th June 2022. This report describes in detail the works carried out.
The Scope of work for this project is as follows:
- Parcels digitization of 200,000 Parcels using Google Earth Pro High-resolution Imagery
- Parcels Verification
- Linking of Parcels Attributes using ArcGIS Pro
Data Processing Software and Storage
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Earth Pro
- ArcGIS Pro
- Google Drive
The project was carried out in three phases namely:
- Link of Parcel Attributes
- Points data (Coordinates) for the buildings in Osun State were collated and saved in Microsoft Excel CSV file format.
- ArcGIS Pro was used to plot the coordinate and convert the coordinate to a point shapefile.
- These coordinate data were then grouped by local government areas(LGAs) and then distributed to the digitizers.
- ArcGIS Pro was also used to create grids with grid numbers to aid in the distribution and to eliminate duplications and overlaps.
- The coordinate data distributed by LGAs and Grid Number were then converted to the Google Earth Pro KML (Keyhole Markup Language) file format.
- Google Earth Pro was used to delineate the parcels for building compounds at a very high resolution using the point data as a guide. The point data ID was used as the “name” of Polygon for each Parcel delineated.
- Parcels delineated were submitted daily from the various digitizers
- Supervisors verify the parcels were properly digitized, to check for any overlaps and gaps.
- The parcels are then merged together using ArcGIS Pro.
Link of Parcel Attributes
- The parcel ID inputted during the delineation was used to link the attributes of the buildings into the Parcels using the “Spatial Join” in ArcGIS Pro.
The Parcel Delineation was completed and on careful verification of the parcels, the results of the Osun State land parcel were produced.