Abuja GIS Training Background
Abuja GIS Training 12th of August 2022
Introduction to GIS was held at Inside Obat Oil Febson Fitness Centre Febson Mall, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja to address the usefulness of GIS to beginners and how it relates to participants’ fields, jobs,s or careers in order to solve real-life problems. We tailored our training to provide clear information on the knowledge and aspects of GIS practice. Assessment of participant competencies was conducted, structured to reflect the pathway of learning required throughout training.
Venue and date: GIS training in Abuja took place on the 12th of August 2022 at our training hall located at Inside Obat Oil Febson Fitness Centre Febson Mall, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja. The training team arrived at the venue on the 12th of August 2022, in order to meet for fine-tuning the agenda and coordinating facilitation. Facilitators: The members of the training team were;
● Surv. Aniete Etuk GIS, Remote Sensing/Surveyor (Geoinfotech);
● Mr. Olugbenga Ebenezer Bamidele, GIS and Remote Sensing Specialist (Geoinfotech)
● Ms. James Jennifer, Admin (Geoinfotech).
Geoinfotech observed better performance during the training on Introduction to GIS in the areas, of concentration, question satisfaction, overall productivity, and practical performance compared with organizations with moderate learning cultures. Learning and development, along with the strategic allocation of the investment, were shown to improve significantly GIS practice for Abuja Residents
These basic skills involve Basic understanding and introduction to GIS with appropriate training from Geoinfotech, applicants from various organizations can now carry out some basic steps in GIS:
● Basic understanding and Fundamentals of GIS
● Improves skills (Coordinate System Selection, Geocoding, Digitization and Geo-referencing, and conversion of Excel Coordinates into GIS Environment, for a specific job or technical assignment)
● Improves basic understanding of GIS data management;
● GIS Data Models and basic Analysis, Procedures and Approach, etc.