On Saturday, October 1, 2022, many Lagosians woke up to the sound of heavy rainfall. The day was billed to host the Independence day free GIS workshop facilitated by Geoinfotech, which began at 10 am.
Thankfully, the strength of the rain abated totally before the allotted time and attendees showed up. The event was a massive success.
Those in attendance were taught about GIS DATA COLLECTION AND INTEGRATION and its application to solve real-world issues which may need their input. The facilitator held a practical session on how to capture, integrate and map GIS Data.
This event aimed to improve the quality of GIS analysis in our states and communities while empowering people to be skilled and certified to perform better in their various endeavors.
The training session featured practical aspects of GIS Data Collection including:
- Introduction to GPS and GIS data integration
- GPS Settings and Navigation
- GIS data Accuracy and Measurement
- Coordinate System and Coordinate Format
- Importing GPS Coordinate to GIS
- Displaying GPS Coordinate and Measurement and so much more.