This is an interactive phase that includes a web browser on the client’s end and possibly programs capable of creating interaction.
At Geoinfotech web mapping applications are interactive user-friendly maps. It can be seen in our maps how map data layers or features are viewed, the extent to which it can be zoomed based on user preference, either for inspection purposes, editing of existing contents, or updating content, the list is endless.
Nevertheless with the evolution of web mapping, its usability, service benefits, quality, and innovation challenges are still developing.
Essential features in Web Mapping
- Clients can easily find URL on the web from a server.
- Clients’ ability to send requests to the server solely depends on the HTTP specifications.
- The server performs the requested GIS operations and sends responses to the client via HTTP.
Geoinfotech Web Map enables users to accomplish the following:
- In selecting a base map and zooming into the geographic area of interest.
- To add data layers, specify how each will be symbolized and displayed.
- Create pop-ups that enable users to explore the clicked-on features.
- Save your map, then document it with an eye-catching thumbnail, a good description, and a thoughtful name. Every map, especially a map that you will share, needs a good item description, thumbnail, and name.
- Share your map by using it to configure a whole range of apps.
Benefits of viewing our web maps include:
- It basically requires only a web-accessible device
- Formal knowledge of GIS isn’t required
- Our data and maps are always accessible at any given time and across the world
- Geoinfotech Web maps also support hyperlinking to other information on the web
The components necessary to build your web mapping site includes:
- A reliable computer
- An internet connection
- A webserver
- A mapping data
- A web mapping server
- Mapping metadata
The thought that comes to the mind of our cartographers, during web map creation has to be its purpose. Whether they are usable or applicable for a continuum from exploratory and highly interactive to thematic and less interactive or static, the constraints of desktop and/or mobile web contexts, and accessibility for disabled, elderly, and poorly connected users.
Require our services? Well contact Geoinfotech today via [email protected] or call +234 816 322 2177 / +234 901 872 4833