Drone use has become versatile and hence its growing use for many activities such as to cover inspection, thermal and multispectral applications.
Drones for business saves time decreases danger, permits data collection without disrupting regular work.
Numerous ideas to kick start a drone business in Nigeria
1. Carry out Inspections: The introduction of a drone into your field of work helps to keep your workforce out of harm’s way while performing flawless inspections right from the first flight using cutting edge drone data capture capabilities. With drone technology, however, building inspections can be done safely and inexpensively, making this a great drone business idea.
2. Precise Agricultural Surveys: Intelligent Agriculture is the trend of all over the world and renders multiple uses in agriculture, from mapping to spraying.
Drone can be used to deliver data hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. Agriculture spraying drone can replace the traditional pesticide sprayer and its speed is 40times of the traditional sprayer. Hence, reducing water and pesticide usage, maximizing crop yields, benefits the bottom line and the environment.
3. Security Surveillance: The detection of threats to the property such as fire and water leaks can be viewed using a drone. Live video feeds from drones can be sent to a home or business owner’s mobile the device, to a central monitoring facility, or directly to emergency responders (e.g. the police).
4. To search and rescue missing individuals: Drone itself has very special sensors on it that enables one to see things quite clearly from a distance or try to work out where people are from a good height. Drones are able to fly at night and reach areas where helicopters are unable to travel in order to view hidden details of hideouts where people might have been held, hostage.
5. Underwater Inspections: For fish farmers who really want a robust production from their fishing business, can also make use of an underwater drone to scan for currents and schools of bait fish.
Underwater drone can dive down to a level depth of 328ft[100m] underwater with a 328ft long waterproof tether cable attached to the drone so that you won’t lose control or navigation ability in any tough situation.
6. Drone sales, Repair, Training, and Customization: The practice of drone technology requires knowledge and skills to operate them safely, creating demand for experienced drone instructors. Knowing the appropriate UAV skills, experience, and certifications could be lucrative way to earn money for anyone who desires to be a drone trainer or instructor.
7. Photography: The best camera drones are far more than the simple toys they used to be. They’re now used widely by both amateur and professional photographers because they can reach areas and shoot from angles that regular cameras can’t.
What to note before starting a drone business
1. Make research
2. Fish out competitors
3. Note target markets
4. Source capital
5. Get registered