Geo Mapping With Drone
What is Geo Mapping; Geo-mapping software enables one to take spreadsheet information (raw materials) and create a visualizing Geo map that’s most suited to analyzing your data.
Geo Maps are significantly efficient as it explains data that is related to space and location, reducing voluminous data of information to a concise, workable and clear presentation.
It can be said that Geo Maps are created using conventional geological symbols within the GIS, through the use of special symbol sets, thus the output begins to look like a published geological map
How your Business data can utilize Geo-Mapping
1. Field sales territories are built; Geo-mapping out territories help you target not only prospects that are viable contenders to make a purchase but also keeps reps from overlapping and poaching each other’s sales.
2. Sales & service coverage maps; The coverage Processing & Mapping with ArcGIS provides a repeatable business process for coverage processing and enterprise management tools for coverage mapping using Geo Mapping software.
3. Market analysis and intelligence; Geo Mapping technology gives an insight into your competitors’ offerings and strategies, making it easier to identify critical market trends and capitalize on unmet customer needs.
4. Route planning; Geo-mapping helps establish route planning that reduces manual effort in daily decision making and helps streamline your operations.
5. Sales reporting and analysis; Geo-mapping is a quick and easy way to see information at a glance and compare sales performance across regions.
Mapping with drones is the use of the Photogrammetry technique. The science of taking measurements from photos is known as photogrammetry. This practice involves acquiring multiple/hundreds of aerial images and then ‘stitching/mosaicking’ them together digitally with drone mapping software to make a larger more accurate, scaled with reference coordinate system in form of a map, measurement, or 3D model of a real-world object or scene
Geo Mapping drones are efficient in the following ways
- No pre-flight calibrations needed
- Video control range for long-distance up to 50km
- Insight quality assessment of mapping data through live video
- Survey up to 1200Ha in a single flight
Few examples of Geo-mapping drone
- BOREY 10
- BOREY 20
- VTOl UAV HE-25
- VTOL UAV 170S
- FV ARROW