Construction and Infrastructure industries make use of the drone for numerous reasons but specifically used to capture real-time images from the field. The introduction of drone technology in construction and infrastructure industries has helped eliminate so many human errors.
Drones provide construction teams with an overhead view of job sites, materials, machinery and people.
WHY DO I NEED DRONE TECHNOLOGY IN CONSTRUCTION SITE?
- To effectively pre-plan activities to be carried out on the site: When a map is created with pre-planned data (derived from drone image), it reveals that a certain area is in a floodplain, that is probably not the best place to build. Hence designers and architects get a clear sense of how a new building might look next to an existing one.
- Safety concerns are noted: Access points where civilians could enter the work area and potentially hurt themselves are been revealed using drone technology.
- To keep a record of progress and to note problems and delays that may occur: Maps created with drone data can be created regularly and sent to a project manager, who can use them to plan and monitor progress, a crucial part of avoiding delays that can cause a project to go over budget.
- To render up to date report to clients/ customers: Handful written reports showing images created by a person manually walking the site isn’t nearly as comprehensive. This kind of report couldn’t be used for the same kind of in-depth analysis of a site to understand everything that happened there.
- To create 3D and orthomosaic maps: Photos, videos, 3D models, and orthomosaic maps created with drone data can be used to provide clients with detailed, real-time reports on how things are progressing on-site.
WHAT TO CONSIDER AS A CONTRACTOR TO CARRY OUT EFFECTIVE PROJECTS IN NIGERIA
Contractors should know that having a drone program is becoming essential, but having it implemented internally is not practical for everyone.
However, contractors would benefit from partnering with a specialized drone service subcontractor.
These specialists can help decide the best products and approach for the specific project and ensure that local and federal regulations regarding the use of airspace are followed. They also have trained and NCAA-licensed operators.